IN CRESCENDO Guitar Quartet emerged in 2005 with the aim of promoting chamber music for guitar and to enrich the original repertoire for this ensamble through contact with composers. Its members are graduates of the Conservatory Superior of Buenos Aires City “Astor Piazzolla” in Guitar and Chamber Music specialties. The quartet has won prizes in all chamber music competitions in Argentina and has received awards internationally.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM LATEST SEASONS CONCERTS
• IN CRESCENDO has offered a historic concert in the main hall of Colón Theater, one of the most importants in the world. It’s the only guitar quartet who has earned this distinction in over a hundred years of theater history. • The quartet has performed Concierto Andaluz by Joaquin Rodrigo with the Argentina National Symphony Orchestra. It was under the baton of Pedro Ignacio Calderon –Astor Piazzolla conductor and Buenos Aires Distinguished Citizen. It has meant the first time the orchestra performs that concert.
• Tour Spain 2013. The quartet was invited by various international institutions to give concerts, music chamber conferences and master classes during October in Madrid, Santiago de Compostela, Oviedo, Bilbao, Pamplona, Zaragoza, Barcelona, Murcia and Cordoba.
• IN CRESCENDO is invited to participate in the ASPEN MUSIC FESTIVAL in Colorado (USA).
• IN CRESCENDO won the 1st prize Biennial Award 2013/14, the most important music chamber competition in Argentina.
• The quartet is called to participate in the summer courses of the Accademia Musicale Chigiana in Siena ( Italy).
• The quartet is competitively selected to participate in the International Festival of Classical Music ” For the Wine Routes 2013/2014 ” (Mendoza, Argentina).
• Latin American Tour 2014: The quartet was invited to participate in the International Festival ” Guitar Latinas” in Asuncion -Paraguay, and is organized by the “Second Meeting Quartet Guitars ” with merit ” most important Latin American Quartet continent “in Bogotá -Colombia.
• Argentinian Tour 2014: The quartet will offer concerts in more than ten provinces. AWARDS IN COMPETITIONS AND FESTIVALS
• September 2007 – Prize in National Competition “Music Plural – Culture Nation”, Argentina.
• June 2008 – Prize in Chamber Music Competition organized by YMCA and National Endowment for the Arts, Argentina.
• October 2008 – Prize in Chamber Music Competition organized by Department of Education Arts, Government of Buenos Aires City.
• March 2009 – IN CRESCENDO is selected as Argentinian Representative Music Chamber Group for International Chamber Music Festival of Aguascalientes, México.
• May 2009 – Argentina Foreing Ministry honors IN CRESCENDO musical and cultural activity. • July 2009 – Prize “Manuel M. Ponce”, International Chamber Music Festival Aguascalientes 2009, México.
• September 2009 – Prize in the International Chamber Music Competition “Biennial Award 2009/10”. Jury: Michael Hartenberg (Austria), Anneslise Skovmand, Carmen Piazzini.
• 2010 – IN CRESCENDO is invited to “Gaetano Zinetti” Festival, Verona, Italy.
• April 2010 – IN CRESCENDO is invited by Associazione Musicale e Culturale “Daniele Lobefaro”, Italy.
• December 2010 – Prize in National Chamber Music Competition for Young Musicians, organized by National Endowment for the Arts (Argentina).
• February 2011 – IN CRESCENDO get an investigation grant by National Endowment for the Arts, Argentina. • November 2011 – The quartet get diplomas by National Endowment for the Arts (Argentina).
• 2011 – Buenos Aires Calabrian Association awards the quartet.
• December 2011 – The quartet is invited to perform a chamber music course by professors from the University of Frankfurt, Germany.
• April 2012 – IN CRESCENDO is selected to participate in Classical Music Festival “For the Wine Rutes”, Mendoza, Argentina.
• May 2012 – Concert with Argentinian National Symphony Orchestra, conduced by Pedro Ignacio Calderón -Astor Piazzolla’s Conductor and Buenos Aires Illustrious Cityzen, to play Joaquín Rodrigo’s Concierto Andaluz for guitar quartet and orchestra.
• October 2012 – The quartet is invited to the ASPEN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2013 in Colorado, USA.
• October 2012 – The quartet is invited to close the 9th Chamber Music International Festival in City Bell, Argentina.
• November 2012 – The quartet is rewarded in 6th Music Performers Competition organized by Buenos Aires City Government.
• December 2012 – The quartet is summoned to give a concert at Teatro Argentino of La Plata, Buenos Aires.
• December 2012 – The quartet is invited to participate in the concerts cycle “Argentine Interpreters” in the Main Hall of the Teatro Colón.
• December 2013 – Prize in the International Chamber Music Competition “Biennial Award 2013/14”. Jury: Carmen Piazzini.
• December 2013 – The quartet is rewarded in 7th Music Performers Competition organized by Buenos Aires City Government. RELEASES
• First hearing in Argentina in the play “Toma4tango” by Martin Ackerman. • World premiere of “Four pieces for guitar quartet” by Javier Bravo (organized by C.U.D.A. and National Endowment for the Arts)
• World premiere of “Tres piezas porteñas” [Three pieces of Buenos Aires City] by Pablo Aguirre. Dedicated to IN CRESCENDO Guitar Quartet.
• Latin America premiere of Staubzucker, by Marios Joannuo Elia. PARTICIPATIONS The quartet participated in masterclasses with internacional chamber music teachers: Borealis String Quartet (Patricia Shih, Yuel Yawney, Nikita Pogrebnoy and Shih-Lin Chen; Canada), Silvia Santamaría (Cuba), Orlando Espinosa (Cuba), Monica Ellis (USA); Horacio Franco (Mexico), Jorge Federico Osorio (Mexico). In Mexico 2009 Tour, IN CRESCENDO made a presentation on Altar of the Metropolitan Cathedral in Mexico City, which meant the reopening of concert activity in this historic place after more than two decades.
The quartet has also offered a Tango Music Conference at the Panamerican University in Aguascalientes. In November 2009, the quartet is part of the cultural project “Buenos Aires greets Berlin”, by the twentieth anniversary of the Berlin Wall fell, with live television broadcasts to Germany. This event was organized by the German Embassy and the General Artistic Direction of Buenos Aires City. In November 2010, National Endowment for the Arts (Argentina) gives to the quartet a grant to diffuse an investigation work about Tango and Argentinian Folk Music.
In 2011, IN CRESCENDO releases its first discographic work: a DVD about Tango and Argentinian Chamber Folk Music. In this project participated Haydée Seibert in violin, concert master of Buenos Aires Philarmonic Orquestra. In May 2011, Mozarteum calls to the quartet to participate in its prestigious programm “Midday Concerts”.
In September 2012, IN CRESCENDO recorded for the album ” Buenos Aires Sorceress ” from the prestigious argentinian pianist Natalia Gonzalez Figueroa, along with guest artists, for example Pablo Saraví in violin
In Argentina gained a scene in numerous theaters, including highlights: Teatro Colón, Teatro Gran Rex, Auditorio de Belgrano, Chamber Theatre City Bell, Theatre Foundation Salta, Municipal Olavarria, Golden Hall House Culture, “Carlos Guastavino” in National Center of Music, Teahter of Public Library in Paraná, Cultural Center ” Pasaje Dardo Rocha” La Plata City, Centro Cultural Recoleta.